Monday, February 20, 2012

Manic Monday

So Monday has come and gone, and I am still not hungry.  The only thing that has changed is my sleep and bowel (TMI - I know) habits.  I feel great, have energy, and seriously besides the occasional desire to "crunch" something - this is going really well. 

Before this whole process, I never understood why people said you are eating because you are bored or you are eating out of habit.  It is SO true.  Because when you stop eating, you can literally feel yourself trying to bring your thoughts to food.  If I had cash I would want to go out to eat or buy snack food.  Whenever I got with my parents, we would cat around for a few hours and then it would be "time to eat."  When I sat down to watch my nightly tv I needed popcorn or ice cream.  I recommend this "Liquid Diet" to anyone who has struggled with weight loss (that's as if you have no other underlying health issues that might make that harmful to you).  But it also shows me how much of the "habit eater" and "bored eater" I really was.   This part so far has been the best learning experience for me - learning about my body & habits. 

Today was filled with more emails, texts and phone calls from loved ones, strangers and acquaintances.  My support system is continuing to grow! 7 days to go.  Now Playing: "Come Rain Or Come Shine" - Ray Charles.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you!! And sounds like you are doing great on the liquid diet. It's true that when you get all the sugar and high carbs out of your system it decreases your appetite. That is a big part of my success. As long as I keep certain things out of my system, I don't get obsessive over them. The surgery combined with that has made all the difference. I am so happy for you. This is going to be the greatest thing ever. I can't wait to follow your progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you! Congrats on taking this HUGE step

    ReplyDelete