Thursday, June 4, 2020

Saying Goodbye

Saying Goodbye is important. Whether it be while our family is living, past, or currently passing. There
are things that we feel as humans that at times feel impossible to express with words. Towards the end,
somehow we find the words we want to say.

My husband was given some bad news this week. His mom, his biggest fan, the woman who raised and
loved him when no one else would, was not going to make it through the week. After a series of some
strange medical events her body is functioning, but her brain is no longer. Tomorrow we are making the
drive to meet his sister and say goodbye. I dread this for him. I think that it is necessary, I just dread it.

Life is precious. I have been so blessed this far in life to not suffer too much pain in loss. I have lost a
couple of friends, 2 grandads, a Memac, and numerous other relatively important people in my world.
Though the people who know my heart, and would love me unconditionally are still here. I try as often
as possible to tell them how much they mean to me, how much I enjoy spending time with them, and
how much an absence of their life would be felt. I encourage everyone to do that. Have a plan for your
passing and make sure that the ones you leave behind know how you feel, we are not promised our next
breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment