Sunday, April 15, 2012

6 weeks post-op

Friday I went for my 6 week post-op appointment, and while my weight loss has slowed, I am still on schedule  with my recovery.  The last week I have been experiencing a significant amount of fluid retention causing my legs and ankles to swell significantly! I was nervous about this (since I decided to google the causes of this) but was encouraged when my surgeon explained that my body was in "survival mode" and this would pass. 

So since the beginning, I have lost 60 lbs. nothing the last two or three weeks, but since I lost so much in the beginning - this also is considered normal.  I am on soft solids and can eat  most meats, cheeses, eggs, and cooked vegetables. 

One thing I learned at my appointment on Friday is that we, as humans, are supposed to have half of our body weight in ounces in water daily.  So, my 350 pound self should be drinking about 175 ounces of water daily (it is no wonder my body thinks I am starving it). 

The last two weeks have been MUCH better for me physically, I have been able to do more excercising and just all around feeling better.  I was worried Post Op weeks 3&4 that I wouldn't make it - but I did and life is going on.  I am so ready to get this Spring/Summer activities well under way!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear things are going well for you! Keep it going! =)

    ReplyDelete